Monday, August 9, 2010

She's even more beautiful...

...today than yesterday.

The anticipation began early...

...exactly 6:30 a.m. the troops were on look-out duty.





...following a wild flurry of markers, tape and glue...



...then the big moment came...

...right on hospital time...

...exactly 5 hours after the welcoming committee started watching...







...the troops were at full alert...






...checking out all body parts...






...much concern about the band-aid on the bottom of Marin's foot...








...lots of helping hands...









...the center of attention...







...big brother, Porter, is the most gentle of all, with concern for every little twitch and sound.








...and such excitement when he saw her eyes open...









...we can't believe all that dark hair...










...and how adept she is at taking the binkie...










...and Porter didn't mind sitting for an hour and a half, studying her face, fingers, toes and dimple...











...definite bonding going on here...












...and I know I saw Marin smile when Porter talked to her...












(couldn't decide which picture I liked best)












...all tuckered out...













...after her first day home.

















































































9 comments:

Erin said...

What a precious time for the family. Marin is soooo BEAUTIFUL! I can't believe how alert she looks in the picture with Porter. Thanks for posting all of these pictures, we have been anxiously waiting.

Chris and Aubrey said...

How exciting for the clan. I am so happy for all of you. Shay you look wonderful.

Jessie Gold Price said...

She is a doll! Tell Andy and Shay congrats for me! I am so happy for your family as it continues to grow! Congrats on being a Grandma again!

D said...

I want to kiss her and hug her and eat her and smell her. Oh I just want to hold her so bad I can't even stand it. Porter looks like the happiest big brother ever. She is so lucky to have such a protective big brother, all three girls are.

Ross & Stacie said...

She is just beautiful!!!!

I have to add that Porter really defines being a big brother. He is amazing!! Of course, Carlee and Tessa are amazing big sisters too. I love seeing the excitement and love in the kiddos eyes. Give Shay a huge hug for me and if you have an extra hug, that one can go to Andy.

Ash said...

What a wonderful time, beautiful baby and kids!

The Perks of Life! said...

I too am falling in love! I just want to squeeze her, feel her soft hair, whisper in her ear, smell her sweet smell, and kiss her chubby cheeks. She is beautiful and I loooooove her name. P.S. she would someday really appreciate looking at her newborn pictures of her and her grandma. Shay can work a camera too! :) e

The Perks of Life! said...

Okay seriously!!! I can't stop looking. I feel like I've been visiting for an hour now because I keep blowing up all the pictures to look over every little detail. And Caleb pointed out (again) that Carlee is the most beautiful girl ever. She looks so pretty in that picture holding Marin. Tessa's swett, little, soft kiss is the cutest thing. And Porter is the best big brother three little girls could ever ask for. Way to go Shay and Andy!!! So wish we were there.

Jared and Lauren said...

Porter is so cute! He is the best big brother!
I love all that dark hair! She is such a doll.