Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Too Little for That

So you know how your mom always used to tell you that you were too little to do certain things? Well, that is how I'm feeling about Lauren...

she's too little to...

cross the street by herself
butter her own toast
tie her shoes
curl her hair with a curling iron
graduate from pre-school
wear make-up
go on a date
drive a car
leave home
get married
be a teacher

.........

OK, so maybe she is big enough to do all that, but she will always be our little angel Lauren.

She will always be the one that....

could never out-run Mikey, but loved to try
broke Andy's heart when she cried as a baby
always thought Aubrey was the smartest sister in the world
will give her hair to D. if she ever has cancer
Grandpa Bush watches over
her dad loves to brag about
was born with great love for Jesus Christ
I knew something was special about her when she was born.

........

So to the newest health teacher at Dixon Middle School

we will let you cross the street alone, but we will all be.....

standing on the curb watching
praying for your safety
sending our love
cheering you on
proud of you
loving you

5 comments:

The Perks of Life! said...

Oh boy, you really do know how to make me cry. I love you. Thank you! So I was talking to Mrs. Ungerman, the principal... I expressed concern to her because I've never been to a parent-teacher conference. I never had to be a student at one of those, and now all of the sudden I have to be the teacher?! I have no idea what goes on at those. But all in all, I'm so EXCITED! And you know I would never be where I am today without a mother who would hold my hand, a brother who would race me and let me win to make me feel good, another brother to wipe my tears and let me wear his socks to bed, sisters to lead the way, and parents to be there to teach, comfort, guide, and help me every step of the way. I love you!

The Perks of Life! said...

Oh and about the post and the format and the expression and the everything else about it... that's why you wrote my English papers. You are so GOOD!

D said...

You made me cry too. Mom that was so sweet. I love our family. I love how close we are, I love how when one person has an amazing accomplishment we all celebrate with them. Like Andy when he became a Doctor. Mike becoming a Mechanical Engineer. Lauren graduating as a Teacher. Aubrey being a wonderful mother and wife, and her amazing deserts. Chris who provides for his family and soon for his country, who never asks why he has to do something, he just does it. Shay making some of her dreams comes true like Muffin Top and making cakes and soon to be photography. Erin and her artistic side and photography as well. Caleb who got into the U and who will soon be an Engineer himself. Jake and his amazing work ethic, and for starting his own company. That is what I love about our family, we celebrate with each other, we laugh or snort with each other, and we rely on each other. We put each other before ourselves, because that is what we were taught and that is what is expected of us. I love you all.

Erin said...

That is so sweet and true. Lauren with all of her amazing acomplishments will always be our sweet little La La.

Kathryn said...

What a sweet post. Congratulations Lauren. We all felt the same way when little Timmy became a lawyer. Too wierd. Family is so great! Oh and thanks for the funny comment on my blog. I told Joe what you wrote and asked if he thought Emily would be talking about the pretty/funny comment when she is an adult.