Tuesday, December 15, 2009

I couldn't be prouder...

...of Shay. After serving in the Young Women in Ohio for several months, she realized that the girls in her ward were not working very hard at setting and achieving goals. She wondered what she could do to increase their desire to earn their medallion. Shay, wanting to be the best example possible, decided she would lead the way and earn her own medallion. She set goals and worked hard.

The goal I admire her for the most is reading the Book of Mormon all the way through. No small achievement given the fact her husband is NEVER home and she has 3small children who need rides to school, home from school, 3 meals a day plus several snacks in between, laundry, a dog, a home that needs vacuuming and scrubbing, and then the all consuming daily laundry.

It is something to be proud of when you are in Young Women and earn your Medallion, but to do it as an adult is a great achievement. How lucky for the Young Women of the Bay Village, Ohio, ward to have such a dedicated leader, who cares enough about them to give of her time, talents and energy to make their experience in Young Women better.

Shay, I couldn't be prouder of you!



2 comments:

Shay said...

Thank you so much for that!! You made me cry.

I love you so much and I would not have been able to do it without your constant love and support.

Miss you.

Kathryn said...

How lucky the girls are indeed. I am so glad that I have my medallion. I still wear it from time to time. Great Job.

Merry Christmas!