Sunday, March 21, 2010

And the winner is.............

.......Ok, Ok, you didn't really think I would tell you right off the bat did you?


First I have to tell all my faithful followers, that would be my 5 daughters, that you are all WINNERS in my book. I don't want any of you calling and crying to me that the winner is my favorite and that's why she won. That's simply not true. This was a CONTEST, AN HONEST TO GOODNESS CONTEST. No favorites here, because you are all my favorite.


And why, you ask, do I spend time telling you that you are all my favorite?


Last week Matthew showed me a newspaper article discussing policies at elementary schools to prevent children from having low self-esteem. You know, how every child on the soccer team gets a trophy now. The article mentioned a school back east that no longer allows children to use ropes for jump rope, because they risk tripping over the rope and suffering bruised egos.

Poor dears.....! You wouldn't want to permanently ruin the self-image of little Johnny, because he can't jump over the rope!


How do you solve that problem? Tell the children they can imagine themselves jumping over the rope instead of actually doing it.


This may sound ridiculous, but, seriously, I have been exercising that way for years. I imagine myself trim, firm, well-defined, riding the luge at the Olympics or being the lead runner in the New York Marathon. I feel so much better about myself now.

...anyway...THE WINNER IS......



drum roll, please,



or if you don't play the drums, just imagine yourself playing the drums...


Shay guesstimated (that's a word right?) the little guy would come in at a hefty 7 lbs. 10 ozs. with light hair.



Congratulations to Shay! Now, Shay can imagine herself with a tiara and large bouguet of roses walking the winners runway, envied by all.


Way to go Shay. You look lovely.


Your $5 will be in the mail shortly.

2 comments:

Erin said...

Yeah! Way to go Shay! What are you going to do with the $5?

Shay said...

Yeah!! I am the winner! I never win anything, that is awesome. DOn't know how I missed this blog post over a week ago. I would like to save my five dollars to contribute to the family coming out and seeing us, or if it ever happens, us coming out there. Love you all.

Now if I could just win a mega vacation for 50 to Disneyworld.....