Sunday, April 17, 2011

We celebrate...

a lot in our family...




We love to be together and cheer one another along.  We have celebrated each birth of our grandchildren with a flurry of quilts, food and love, but when Emry was born, there was even more to celebrate....













Mike and Erin had made a decision.  It was a big one, an important, life changing decision.  After years of heartache, blessings and prayers their attempts to have a baby had failed and they decided to adopt.  We were excited they had made this decision.  We didn't care how our grandchildren came into the family...they were ours to be celebrated forever.




...then the plan changed...




Matthew and I had taken several family members to Smith-Moorehouse for a camp out.  Mike called that afternoon and casually mentioned he and Erin wanted to come up for s'mores, but wouldn't be spending the night.  I was excited to have them come, even if it was just for dessert.




...and so it was as the moon rose over the glistening lake, nestled among the pines and quakies, the campfire giving a beautiful glow to our faces...




...that they shared the news...




...on the day they were to give their $1000 non-refundable deposit to the adoption agency, Erin and Mike had their first ultra-sound, confirming their news...




...Emry was coming to be with us.




...so on the day of her birth, there was not just a sigh of relief that she was healthy and beautiful, there was gratitude our prayers had been answered in the form of a little pink bundle with Erin's beautiful smile and Mike's cute freckles scattered across her nose(actually the freckles came later, but the first time I held her I just knew she would have sunshine kisses on her rosy cheeks someday).




Sitting around the campfire as they told us the news, Matthew had to hush me.  He was concerned the other campers would think we were being attacked by the way I was screaming...and so I got it under control.  It wasn't until dawn the next morning I realized I had s'mores smeared on my face and throughout my hair from the excitement the night before.




Yes, Emry, it took years for you to make your appearance...




...but you were definitely worth the wait.










I love you more!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow, I am officially crying. You said it perfectly, I am so grateful for this beautiful little blessing that Heavenly father sent to us. She was a million times worth the wait.

Thank-you so much for all of your help with her birthday party, I couldn't have done it without you!! Love you more!