Thursday, September 8, 2011

Today...

....I'm choosing to be happy.


I have a loving husband, great children and perfect grandchildren. I am grateful.


I heard a quote in church 2 weeks ago that if you are grateful you will be happy.... being grateful and unhappy cannot co-exist (paraphrasing, of course).


I keep thinking about the wisdom in that statement. It reminds me of the 10 lepers that Christ healed and how only one came back to thank him. I have to believe that that one "stranger" as he is referred to, meaning he didn't know Christ, was happier than all the rest, because he was more grateful than the 9 who went away skipping down the road (or whatever they did back then).


...so I've been trying to be more grateful...and you know what, it works...


...I feel happier today. ...and I'm happy that tomorrow is only a day away, Right Girls!!!!


...more of my "favorite" details to follow (that's code only Bush/Coil women understand)....


And to answer Kathryn's question in her comment, whipping cream...I am a firm believer that bribery is an acceptable form of coercion with small children in special circumstances, such as getting them to not fidget when you are trying to take pictures. "Smile at the camera and you'll get a squirt on the tastebuds"...great idea Erin.

No comments: