Sunday, September 11, 2011

9/11...

...a day to remember.




9/11/11 another day to remember and consider how grateful we are for our great country.


...and I think of my grandchildren and pray for a happy future for each of them.  I think of Preston, Madison, Abigail and Lukee and the great sacrifices their family has made to keep us all safe.


...and to remember this moment.




Matthew and I plan on watching this together and we will spend the day with our family.  


I recently came across this quote by Henry Van Dyke, 
 
“In some realms of nature, shadows or darkness are the places of greatest growth. The beautiful Indian corn never grows more rapidly than in the darkness of a warm summer night. The sun withers and curls the leaves in the scorching light of noon, but once a cloud hides the sun, they quickly unfold. The shadows provide a service that the sunlight can not.” 





Maybe this will sound cliche' or maybe it will sound Miss America'ish, but I'm wishing for world peace today in the shadows of 9/11. 









No comments: