Sunday, August 31, 2008

Missing the Sealer

So yesterday Andy and I went to the Coloumbus, Ohio temple to do sealings. We were so excited for him to have the day off and have the opportunity to go to the temple. We left our house at 7:30 a.m. and met other friends at the church. It is about a two hour drive down, so we figured we had plenty of time to make our 11:00 a.m. session. Little did we know that we would run into a ton of traffic. Apparently one of the presidential canidates is here and Ohio State had a football game. Anyway our bishop called the temple and they agreed to wait for us, yeah! So we arrived at the temple, hurried and changed, and made it into the session only 10 min late. As I walked into the room the sealer asked my name. I had to repeat it three times before he heard me. Immediatley I had to hold back the tears, I missed sealer Matthew Coil terribly. This happened a few times during the session. I remember sitting on the bench in the room staring at the sealers name tag trying to change it to Matthew Coil.

We as a family are so blessed to have Matthew and the opportunities to go to the temple and do sealings with him. Family, because you can, go to the temple and do sealings. The temple is an amazing place and can bless our lives and the lives of many others. Go, go, go!!!

Even though Matthew was not there, we still had a great experience. The Colombus temple is beautiful and small, a lot like Palmyra. Ohio is a great place, but there is no place like home.

No comments: