Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Playing with Madison and Abbie...

...is one of my favorite activities. My two little angels with the blond hair and blue eyes, picked a couple of their favorite flowers from my anniversary bouquet from Matthew (happy 34th to us) and then had fun posing. I love watching them try to be serious, because they end up laughing harder than if they would just go ahead and smile.




It was high noon and the sun was bright, so the pictures have some issues. But this wasn't about the pictures, it was about making them feel good about themselves, spending time with each other and with me.
















I hope they always want to come for sleep overs. Fortunately, bribery still works quite well, promises of pizza, soda, pedicures and shopping keeps them coming back.



Years from now, perhaps at their wedding reception, one of these pictures will flash across a screen in a video and for a moment they will remember being little, having fun and being silly.



Perhaps they will remember how fun their childhood was, even though their dad was a long way from home for a long time.



Perhaps, even further down the road, one of their daughters will ask about the pictures and they will tell them how much their old Kansas grandma cherished them and loved spending time with them.



PS Just a little note to the dad of these 2 gorgeous girls...they are growing up too fast, hurry home to us Chris.

3 comments:

The Perks of Life! said...

Mom, I don't think my blog tracker is working right. It's been a week since you posted this and I haven't seen it until today. I love these pictures. You did a great job. I love the picture of the girl's laughing. They are beautiful and are lucky to have each other. There's no friend like the friend you have in a sister.

Shay said...

Cute! I love the dresses, they look great. I love sweater dresses, Costco has some that were hard to pass by the other day. The girls are too cute.

Chris and Aubrey said...

Thank you for making the memories you have with Madi and Abbie. Memories that I have with Grandma and Grandpa. The girls love going to your house. I love that they love being with you and ask weekly to stay with you or someone else in the family. Love you.