Wednesday, August 24, 2011

I am definitely...

...losing it.  I have been slightly under the weather, the blogging weather that is, but hopefully I'm back for awhile...but in coming back I realized I have duplicated two posts.  If the picture below seems familiar, it's because I started this post back in May, or was that June (can't remember), but then I forgot about it and did another post with the same picture. 


...anyway...

Here's the original post...silly me!

________________

It's a grandmother's prerogative....

...a right, a privilege, yes a prerogative, to feed sugar to the Injun's.  (Yes, I had to look up how to spell that.  I don't believe I have ever written that word before...'prerogative', not 'Injun'.  However, I have used it quite often, 'prerogative', not Injun', but I have used Injun' quite often too, in fact, I used to be called that by my grandmother on a regular basis, as in 'wild little Injun"(probably because she fed me so much sugar), but now back to prerogative...as in, it is my prerogative to buy a new necklace to go with my new sweater, because I say so...or it is my prerogative to drive 72 MPH in a 65 MPH zone, because I say so...or it is Matthew's prerogative to unload the dishwasher, because I say so.)

pre·rog·a·tive/priˈrägətiv/Noun

1. A right or privilege exclusive to a particular individual or class.
2. A faculty or property distinguishing a person or class.
 
 
 
See what I mean, it is Matthew's privilege to unload the dishwasher.  Isn't that cool how that worked out?
...anyway, I had visitors Monday night, my favorite kind, short and sweet, two of them, with their mother's beautiful smile and their dad's crazy sense of humor.  Visitors that I want to kiss, squeeze and tickle so badly that I don't mind getting sandbox sand in my teeth or popsicle juice in my hair.
While their parents were entertained at Centerpointe Theatre by professional actors, I was entertained by professional grandchildren.   
...and I mean professional.  Emry and Amelia have it nailed.  They have learned how to ask me for anything, I mean anything, and I will give it to them. 


...and since I plan on someday attaining the title, "World's Greatest Grandma" or at least, "World's Grandma with the Greatest Number of Treats", I created in my new kitchen a treat cupboard filled with tall and skinny and short and round clear glass jars loaded with Reeses, M and M's, and Tootsie Pops and because I want to be a health conscious grandma, I also have a jar of FRUITY Skittles.
...so while preparing to post these pictures, I noticed Amelia has food on her pretty pink lips.  Imagine that, one of my grandkids with food on their face!
...then I was looking through some family pictures and realized most of the pictures of my grandkids include Koolaid stains down their chins, hair gelled in crazy Lady Gaga styles by sucker stickiness and cookie crumbs on their fat little round cheeks. 
...and I thought I heard my grandchildren's parent's voices saying, "Mom, stop with the sugar". 
...and that's when I decided I like the word "Prerogative" so much. 

pre·rog·a·tive/priˈrägətiv/Noun

1. A right or privilege exclusive to a particular individual or class.
2. A faculty or property distinguishing a person or class.

No comments: