Monday, August 8, 2011

Tomboy...



...or not, they are gorgeous!

I never know what will happen when Uncle Caleb shows up.  He is a kid's dream uncle.  He can toss them higher and tickle them longer than anyone.  He is also known to paint toe nails, french braid hair and change a muddy diaper now and again. 


...so it wasn't a suprise to step outside and find Emry and Amelia in a tree with Uncle Caleb grinning from ear-to-ear watching these two tomboys clamour for his attention.








It brought back great memories of my own tree climbing adventures in the shelter belt around our home.  There is just something about being a child and sitting in a tree that makes life seem like a great adventure.  I guess I always had a little bit of the Swiss Family Robinson genes in me.  Sitting in the mulberry tree when I was 8 years old, I just knew there was more to the world than what I could see from having both feet firmly planted on the Kansas plains.


...but today, if I could climb a tree, I would probably look east toward Kansas and imagine myself standing on the farm.

No comments: