Sunday, October 31, 2010

Does God hear and answer...

...every child's prayer?


...for weeks our little Lukee has been praying for his daddy to get home for Halloween.




 Does God hear and answer a child's prayer?








Lukee's prayer was answered at exactly 12:39 last night, just 21 minutes before Halloween.
















Yes, Luke, God does hear and answer our faithful prayers.


















As our little Luke continues to grow and develop in the gospel and gain a testimony of Jesus Christ, we will remind him of his prayer, that his daddy would be home for Halloween.  We will remind him that God does hear and answer every prayer.  Though our prayers may not always be answered in the way we want them to be, they are always answered according to God's wisdom.  We are grateful today that God's wisdom was that Chris would come home.




I keep hearing the phrase, "Praise God from Whom all blessings flow", over and over again in my head.  Ever since we heard that Chris had safely landed at Fort Dix I have felt gratitude for his safety, gratitude for everyone's support for Aubrey and gratitude for the prayers that have been offered from around the world.




I have thought about those who prayed and their answer was not what they had hoped for as they gathered around flag draped coffins.  I have wondered if they know how grateful I am for their sacrifice?



I have been asked hundreds of times, since Chris left, how the Tyler's were doing.  The answer was always the same, "they are OK, but they miss their dad".  While the answer was always the same, there were times the emotions were tender as I thought about them and felt appreciation for the people who cared enough to ask.




So with gratitude in my heart, I thank all of you for your concern, your support and mostly for your prayers.

7 comments:

Jared and Lauren said...

Oh my gosh this made me tear up!! cute little Luke! Once again I'm so glad he is home safely!! thank you

Jessie Gold Price said...

Those pictures are truly amazing! Words do not describe how powerful they are! I'm so glad Chris is home! Love you guys!

The Perks of Life! said...

Love the pictures. Loved the feeling that was in the airport last nigh. I hope I never forget it. You're right, our prayers were answered and we have been blessed, yet again, that Chris is home safe. The Tyler's are true heroes!!!

beverlyjeanw said...

Praise God from whom all blessings flow - the circle is complete once again. Much love to all the Tylers.

Shay said...

I am crying!! I so wish we could have been there. I love the picture of Luke and Chris, it is so adorable, new one for the wall.

Erin said...

Emry and I have been scrolling up and down these pictures all morning, we just can't look at them enough! I am so glad Chris is home and safe with his family!!! What a beautiful Halloween! I agree with shay, that picture of chris and Luke looking in eachothers eyes definatly needs to have a frame:)

Emily said...

What a wonderful experience. So glad he is home safely! And so grateful that Heavenly Father does answer prayers.