Monday, October 6, 2008



I took this picture following our traditional General Conference Sunday morning waffle party. I love watching Emry with Mike. She is so content to sit on his lap. You can tell she loves her dad and he likes nothing more than having her close. As much as I wanted to take Emry and squeeze her myself, it made my heart swell to see her loving her dad. There is nothing better for a little girl than to feel safe in her dad's arms.
I love our family tradition of waffles on Conference Sunday. We don't just have waffles though, they are actually works of art. Fresh strawberries, real butter, syrup, whipped cream, blueberries, bacon, hash browns, orange juice and this time we had 4 layer chocolate dream cake to celebrate birthdays. D. was gracious enough to let us all come over and we had a fabulous time. Thanks to D. for providing the house, Chris for frying the bacon, my fabulous husband for his gift with a waffle iron and to all the family who came.

2 comments:

Debbie said...

HEllO! I am so glad that we connected with your blog. We miss you guys. We'll definitely have to make a point of dropping in on a waffle party. It is fun to read the blog and hear of the family happenings. We look forward to our next visit but will have to just keep in touch via blogspot for now. Love you, thanks for all the great memories. It is fun and sad at the same time to see everyone all grown up. Hugs, Debbie. If you haven't heard our blog is mdhickman.blogspot.com

Kathryn said...

Shay left a comment on our blog so I was checking out hers and saw yours. I too, am hoping that we could come to the next waffle party. YUMMY!! It is good to catch up on your family. Check out my blog sometime.