Tuesday, October 21, 2008

My best friend

I don't know what I did in the pre-mortal life to be so blessed as to be married to my sweet husband. He is amazing. Our Stake President asked me Sunday how my calling to teach early morning seminary was going? I told him I am truly blessed to have the opportunity to start everyday with scripture study with 33 of the brightest kids at Viewmont H.S. He asked me if it is hard to get up at 5:00 a.m. every morning. I told him that the alarm has only woken me up once since school started. It is as if the Lord has blessed me with an alertness and an ability to wake up, clear headed ready to start the day at 4:59 a.m. Yes, there are still miracles in the world.
The point of telling you all of this is that this opportunity in my life is possible because I have a husband who is supportive of me going to bed at 9:00 p.m. every night, leaving him alone to watch the news and Jay Leno, he doesn't complain when I turn on the bathroom light and the shower at such an early hour, he makes sure my car is in the garage at night, so I don't have to scrape the windshield in the morning, he has been patient and respectful of my 2 hour study session every night, (I don't think he knows that I know he does this one) he goes down every morning and turns up the furnace, so I don't get goosebumps when I step out the shower and most of all, he doesn't just tell me I should do it, he tells me I have the ability to do it. Yes, he is my hero and my best friend.
Someday, when and if I am made perfect, I will almost be as good as my Matthew.

2 comments:

Shay said...

That is so sweet, you guys complete each other, great picture.

The Perks of Life! said...

Mom you make me cry. Dad is so amazing but he's amazing because he has such a great wife!