Wednesday, March 4, 2009

"Goodnight Gracie"




So I have been following a blog for awhile created by Uncle Sam's step-daughter, Alicia. It is their story of their daughter, Grace, who was born with a serious heart defect and eventual heart transplant. On their blog is a link to another blog about a little girl, also named Grace, and her story of her short life. It has touched me deeply and I have been sharing her story with my early morning seminary class. They have prayed for her and her parents every morning for several months. Grace passed away this week, but her story will live forever and she continues to influence me to be a better person. If you are interested, here is the blog that you can look at:
http://thegledhillfamily.blogspot.com/

If you are moved to hold your children a little longer tonight before saying "goodnight", you can thank Gracie. Somehow I think she may know that her life has changed me for the better and I will always be grateful to her and her parents for sharing a very difficult time of their lives with me and the world.

No comments: