Friday, June 18, 2010

My children are wonderful parents...

...and I know this, because of the goodness I see in our grandchildren.


For example....






... we were gathered together with several other families to test our team work on the ropes course at the Heber Valley Girl's Camp. The missionary in charge asked for a volunteer to say an opening prayer. Surrounded by about 60 complete strangers, sitting on Uncle Mike's lap, Carlee's hand shot straight up and she said, "I'll do it!"


People chuckled at the boldness of the little girl. Probably a few doubted her ability to speak, even in prayer, in front of so many. Carlee, with her rich sense of who she is and who Heavenly Father is, offered a lovely prayer and though Uncle Mike was with her, she shared her own thoughts and words with the Lord.


Many adults might have struggled to find the words or the courage to do what she did.


...so when I see this picture, I'm back there, sitting on a beautiful hillside, listening to the sweet prayer of a perfect daughter of God and finding joy in my posterity.

3 comments:

Shay said...

Thanks for blogging about this, sometimes that moment slips my mind. I feel so lucky to be her mom, like, yeah, she's with me. She is so amazing, like her grandma. I love you.

The Perks of Life! said...

That was such a cute moment. Remember she prayed and asked Heavenly Father if she could please stay in utah for a long time.... precious girl. I wish that prayer came true.

Erin said...

That was the cuttest moment. What a brave confident little girl, she said the perfect prayer too. Andy and Shay are obviously doing a fantastic job!