Friday, December 17, 2010

Reviewing the ...brrrrrs...

...Nov and Dec....mbrrrrs that is.  Baby it's cold outside!!!!!!!!!




I better hurry with these pictures, since it's almost January with a whole other set of pictures to come.  January is one of our birthday months, so it will be busy too.




First of all, let me give credit where credit is due.  These pictures are Shay's, they were taken by her, posted by here and I stole them from her blog(there's a story about this, but it makes me angry, so I'm not going there.  Not angry with Shay(of course), but angry at dishonest people).




This little angel is growing.  I would love to say she's growing right in front of me, but that's not happening.  Darn!  Ooops!  Sorry that was almost a swear word, but I miss this cute little button, or should I say kitten?




I love these cute little lips that form a perfect little bow and these big round, saucer eyes that I could drowned in.  And I love knowing that Carlee is already having fun with her little sister, teaching her how to play dress-up.






...and since she's so stinking cute, here's another picture. 




...and speaking of cuteness, Tessa May takes first place in having the cutest personality to match her curly hair and big blues.  CUTE!


Andy, if you need an angel on that tree, just tie Tessa to the top and call it good.


...remember when she was little enough to be an angel on the tree?




...and speaking of angels...




Here is Porter selling hot cocoa with his best friend.  Selling it for money, but not for themselves to go buy the newest toy or to spend on games at Chuck-E-Cheese.  They donated the proceeds to the Cystic Fibrosis foundation in honor of their friend. 




...and speaking of hot cocoa, here's Carlee (the hot cocoa link works, because she loves chocolate, just like me).  I made her some doll clothes for her American Girl doll Felicity.  It made me happy to think she would be enjoying something that I had so much enjoyment creating for her.




...and speaking of enjoying, see the joy in this picture? 




Every time I see Sam move, this song lyric goes through my mind...


The wonderful thing about tiggers

Is tiggers are wonderful things!

Their tops are made out of rubber

Their bottoms are made out of springs!

They're bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy

Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!


...whether she's walking or running, it doesn't matter, she's always a'bouncin!!!





...remember this?




...but not this little guy.  Life is serious for him....serious fun!  But also the best snuggler ever!!!!!




...and speaking of eyes you could drowned in, check out these baby blues.  He's turning into a little bouncer just like his sister.  D. is going to have 2 tiggers by the tail.




D sent me a text saying she was having flashbacks of sitting on the counter to help me make pies.  I walked in and had the same memory.  This picture makes me laugh and cry.  When did my little Dani get old enough to have her own little one to play with?




I''m not sure how this pie will taste, but the chef is soooo sweet.




...and who says guys don't belong in the kitchen?  Cameron will do anything Sam does(but don't tell Jake he plays dress up in pink ballgowns when his dad is away).




..and speaking of fine cooking, here's my finest helper of the season.  I have a heavenly recipe for homemade rolls from Matthew's niece, Lindsey, and her "Easy Squeezy" magic juice(magic juice is what I call it, because the kids think anything with magic involved is awesome).  I hold Lindsey responsible for the 10 pounds I gained last winter.




Erin has to be the most photogenic mother of 2 that I know.  She is beautiful, but her true beauty goes much deeper than those big brown eyes.  She is a virtuous woman whom I am proud to call daughter.




...and speaking of virtuous, notice our grateful tree in the center of the table.  My visiting teachers, Marina and Angie, provided the leaves that we could write on to share what we were grateful for.


This picture shows my grandmother's china.  She was another virtuous woman and I can't wait to see her again(well, OK, I can wait, but I am excited to see her when I get to the other side).  I have stories to tell her and questions to ask.  She and I spent many hours together in her kitchen and around her table.







 Typtophan

kicking in........

(isn't that the chemical in turkey that makes us all need that after Thanksgiving dinner, bloated belly, can't eat another bite, I've got to go to sleep now chemical)





Just can't get enough of this guy.  Luke, that is, not Santa(however, I love Santa too).  We are going on a date this week(again, Luke that is, not Santa).




Preston getting ready for the big meet.  You can check out the results here.


Miss Madison Joy, our beautiful young woman who kept me warm at the swim meet last weekend by sitting on my lap and sharing her blanket.




Who let clowns into the pool?





...still a clown.




...precious sunshine.




Emry's swim teacher bumped her up a level, since she is part fish.










What can I say?   I am surrounded by beauty.  Love these brown eyes!!!!

...and here she is a year ago.










This set of pictures are actually from Abbie's birthday in October.  I just noticed them and realized how lucky these two little girls are that they have each other.  Abbie sees Emry and runs to give her a hug.  Emry sees her running and opens her arms wide and giggles.  Cousins!!!






More of celebrating Abbie's 8th birthday.












Grandma Great is always willing to host a tea party for the great grand kids.  They know she has a large stash of treats hidden in her room.  They love her and they bring immense joy to her life.




Sister Hinckley wrote about the old needing the young and the young needing the old.  I truly believe these little cherubs have given joy to their great-grandma that no one else could.  Family, synonymous with love.

1 comment:

danilawson said...

This has to be one of your best posts ever and my most favorite. We sure have had a lot of fun, baking, swimming, jumping, partying, laughing, smiling and being together, and you seem too always be there in the back ground getting each and every perfect shot; and I am so glad you are there capturing those precious moments in time those little bits of heaven scattered on this earth.

Thank you for the cute reminder of Samantha in your kitchen sink when she was just 11 months old, my heart melts and my eyes get a little teary when I take the time to look back on those precious moments.