Sunday, May 15, 2011

A day in the life...

...of our OH kids...




As I mentioned before, Carlee has mastered the art of riding a two wheeler.  I drew a figure 8 on the drive way with sidewalk chalk and she and Tessa laughed as they tried to stay on the line without crashing into each other.










Due to THIS, I had instructions from Grandpa to buy Tessa a new trike.  As you can see, the pink and purple won out over the red flyer.  I agree Tessa, this one matches your pink Barbie helmet much better.



As usual, I learn a few new words when I spend time with my grandchildren.  This trip I learned about "Squinkies" and "Ninjagos".  Abbie showed me her Squinkies once, but it wasn't until I went shopping at Toys-R-Us that I realized the world of Squinkies covers Troll like hair all the way to Belle's dog(or was that Ariel's dog).  Carlee and Tessa had Squinkies and their little round plastic cases spread all over the house.  When the Beast got lost at the mall I thought we might have a real melt down.




...and then there is the world of "Ninjago".  Porter taught me how to do battle with the little warriors by spinning their bases until their swords bop off the head of their opponent.  I was improving, but I had to leave before I ever won the battle.  




...next time Porter, you better look out!





These pictures downloaded in a random order.  I'm sure it Blogger's fault...it couldn't be my problem.



...and then there was ballet.  Carlee is mastering the art of the arabesque.  I don't know who was more excited, me watching Carlee, or Carlee having me watch her.  She is a gorgeous little girl and it was fun to see her practice for her dance recital.









Tessa showing me how to play Angry Birds...really...she knew more about it than I did.






...of course, I had to do something to help Andy while I was there.  




...and with all the great helpers I had it was fun to take care of the yard work.  Carlee and Porter learned what it means to be on the Sanitation Crew as we donned gloves and began scooping poop.  Next we got busy cutting up the branches blown down in the wind storm.  I'm not sure we did a lot of good, but we sure had fun trying.






It's not a visit if we don't have chocolate everyday.  It doesn't matter what form it comes in...even licking the bowl of brownie batter will give us the fix we need for our chocolate addiction.






Porter was really missing Andy.  He became so desperate for wrestling time that he went after Marin.  He would lay next to her, roll her on top of himself and then roll back on top of her.  Marin was squealing with laughter the whole time.






(No children were injured in taking this picture)



...and finally, all four of them face up and smiling at the same time.








...the brother teasing his sisters at dinner...








...the sister being teased...



...the mom watching the brother tease the sister...



...the sister seeing the brother get in trouble for teasing the sister...




...the other sister adding her own thoughts...




...and finally...




...mom getting the brother back for all the teasing...






Porter's soccer matches have been rained out every weekend.  They finally had a practice game while I was there.  They were all covered with mud by the time it was over, but with the spring fever they've been experiencing, they weren't complaining.









Here's a picture of Carlee enjoying the soccer game.  Huh?  What game?  If there's a puddle, Carlee's in it.









Walking Porter to the bus brought back fun memories of my school years.  Picking him up at the end of his day at the bus stop was even better though.






A French bakery smorgasbord.  We finally just told them we wanted one of everything.






The sun was shining for about 2 hours one afternoon, the rest of the time it rained.  It didn't take long for us to bust out the sunglasses and lay out a picnic in the backyard to soak up some rays.












...riding bikes...

Porter rode to the stop sign and back in under a minute...I guess that means he wins.






...making wishes...




...mixing up a batch of mud pies...



...just hanging out...





...swinging so high...




...then jumping even higher...




...then we went to Porter's first grade music performance...







...where I met Porter's best friend, J.P....






...and for the grand finale...


...Superman ice cream and hot fudge sundae's at Malley's (don't tell anyone, but we went to Malley's.... TWICE).















...and that concludes the OH pictures....





1 comment:

The Perks of Life! said...

Love the pictures!! I hope I get to go to Malley's twice too.