Monday, December 15, 2008

Thinking about daddy...

It's funny how some days I wake up and the first thing I think about is my dad. He's been gone several years, but occasionally I still long to call him and see how he is doing. I was at Dick's market this week and stopped at the bakery to buy grandma-great some doughnuts to go with her coffee. I was just standing there, looked down at the chocolate covered doughnuts and remembered what daddy used to say, "Half of a chocolate covered doughnut shared with someone you love is twice as good as a whole doughnut eaten all alone." If they have doughnuts in heaven, the first thing I am going to do is give half to my dad.

1 comment:

The Perks of Life! said...

I love that picture of Grandpa, and I especially love the hat hanging on the fire extinguisher! I miss him too, and think about him a lot, at least every day. I always wonder if he's with me. I think so, maybe he's actually really close and that's why I'm wondering if he's close. I think he'd like Caleb a lot! Better yet, I'm sure he does like Caleb a lot! Love you mom! Don't be sad, Grandpa wants you to be happy.