Tuesday, May 19, 2009

What does Geo-caching, quacking geese and turtle hunting have to do with each other...?

They were out Friday evening family activity.

Erin's dad, Keith, was visiting from Hutchinson and after having dinner with us Friday took us hunting for geo-caches with his GPS. Geo-cache hunting is a fun family activity. You look up the latitude and longitude coordinates on the internet, then use your GPS to locate the treasure. We found a cache next to a large boulder in Farmington canyon. It contained several small dollar store type items. Madison picked the pink fingernail polish (BIG suprise and left a hair bow. Michael wrote in the notebook the date we found it and then we put it back by the rock.

We also fed the geese, which turned into a great photo op with the sun setting in the west. The kids loved it. Emry was even brave enough to let the geese eat out of her hand.

That wasn't the end of the activities. Matthew and I took Preston and Luke to look for the turtle on the Legacy pathway. There are several small streams that feed into the salt marshes. The streams are full of little fish, frogs and one very LARGE turtle that we have seen a couple of times.

All in all, it was a great weekend, but Matthew and I were both exhausted Sunday.



















1 comment:

D said...

Yet another fun field Coil clan adventue we missed out on, I know I know you invited us, but I said no. Please don't let me say "no" ever again, I can't stand that my kids are not invovled in these, as Winnie the Pooh would say, "Grand Adventures". Love you, Love the pics. D