Monday, May 25, 2009

If life gives you lemons, squeeze 'em

Warm summer evenings in Kansas would often find us sitting on the porch sipping lemonade. We would sit out there watching the stars come out until the mosquito's drove us in. My dad and I had great conversations about a whole lot of nothin'. I don't remember what we said, but I will never forget how that lemonade tasted going down as the love between my dad and I grew.

Danielle discovered a wonderful drink that you can get at The Olive Garden restaurant, raspberry creme soda. Danielle now has all of us loving her own version. She buys the raspberry flavoring at the restaurant, mixes it with sprite and heavy whipping cream and serves with a straw....heavenly.

So you know how I can't ever leave a recipe alone, I tried adding the raspberry flavor to homemade lemonade. I can't wait to share it with my dad someday.


No comments: