Monday, May 18, 2009

Mother's Day '09

I tried to put captions with the pictures, but the font wouldn't change to a bigger size so you could read it. The first picture is actually a picture of a picture the kids gave me for Christmas. I loved it the first time I saw it and since D. was with me that day, it was added to my Christmas list. The best part about the picture isn't hanging on the wall though. Each of our 10 children gave me a copy of their testimony of what the temple means to them. I have read over them many times since last December and every time I do, I am grateful for righteous children.

For Mother's Day this year I got a jar full of joy. It is the World Famous Malley's Chocolate Fudge Sauce from Ohio. I have had a spoonful everyday for dessert after I eat lunch. You are supposed to put it on ice cream, but why add extra calories when you could just have a second spoonful of chocolate.

Mike and Erin gave me Sheri Dew's latest book "Saying It Like It Is". I have used it several times in seminary. She has her own quotes from talks and stories about her life. The book also has pictures she has taken traveling around the world, as well as pictures of her own family. One of my favorite quotes from the book:

The Holy Ghost is always the Teacher anytime, anywhere Truth is Taught. That is His Privilege, That is His Stewardship.

Lala and Caleb gave me the workout video and equipment. They were not trying to hint, it's just that the new health teacher in the family is trying to encourage me to be healthy. Thanks Lala! (She knows how much I am enjoying the Malley's fudge sauce)

Danielle knew my perfume supply was getting low, not that she ever uses any of my perfume, but I am grateful to be restocked with my favorite scent.

I have told Aubrey for years that I wanted peach trees in the backyard. It was a great surprise to get 2 of them. In the background of the picture is the lilac bush the kids gave me the first Mother's Day in this house. It has continued to bring me happiness of spring as it blossoms, filling the air with its sweet scent.



Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Mother's day 09
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

3 comments:

Shay said...

I love the picture of the temple, what a great find, and I cannot wait to see it in person.

D said...

Wow mom, you are so loved and I know that it will never be enough to just have one day dedicated to our mom. We are all trully thankful for you and all you do for us. WE love and. P.S. You forgot one gift, the adorable salt and pepper shaker's from Samantha and Cameron to the best Grandma ever.

Coil Fam said...

You're right, I didn't include the salt and pepper shakers. I will take a picture and put it on, along with the set they gave me for Christmas. I love the bear and moose in the canoe. Thanks for reminding me and thanks for the sweet gift.