Saturday, July 24, 2010

Headwaters of the Missouri River...





better known as the Madison River.






The four Tyler children have never floated on the Madison river, and since Madison thinks the river is named after her, we felt the time had arrived



We took the kayaks, float tubes and the john boat, the kids waded, swam, and just floated looking for fish




I felt like I was conducting the symphony, this funny little flotilla of three generations

sometimes we stayed together, Luke liked riding with me




Kaylee heard a coyote howling and yipping on the far shore, she thought she heard pups too.





and then Abbi wanted to tag along with Luke and grampa







Aubrey and Preston were racing a lot, maybe more splashing than racing and then Luke and Madison on the tubes, just playing. It was a grand adventure, one they will want to repeat for many summers. My plan worked.


1 comment:

The Perks of Life! said...

I couldn't agree more with the text you sent when you all were on the river... Summer 2012 EVERYONE better be there. Looks like fun to me and a trip in the making. Beautiful pictures again.