Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Payback...

...really, I think this is like payback for moving far from home and raising my kids a thousand miles from where I grew up, away from my mom, who happened to be a fantastic grandma, but rarely got to practice first hand on my kiddos and away from daddy, who missed me terribly.


I know when I left Kansas that I never really knew I wouldn't be back. Even today, sometimes, I think Matthew and I are just visiting UT and tomorrow we will be back to the familiar waving grains of wheat. (However, they aren't waving right now. They have all been cut and the golden grains are stored in the elevators, check here to see where I came from.)




...wow, I can get off track easily....





...back to payback...





This is my granddaughter, Tessa.
















She lives in Ohio. Tomorrow is her birthday. She makes me laugh.





The first time I held her, just minutes old, I saw her dimple. She was so cute, I cried and laughed.








Sometimes she will call me and she just keeps saying, "Grammmmah". Of course, I keep saying, "Tessaaaah", because I want to hear her say, "Grammmmah" again and again.








She calls me when she potties in the potty. She calls me when she is eating cereal. She calls me when all she wants to do is breath into the phone. She really makes me laugh.








I don't care why she calls, even if I just hear her cute little breaths, I just like it when she calls.








Tomorrow she will have a party and I won't be there (sad sigh). That's why this feels like payback, because my mom and dad missed out on so many of the special days and you all know how I hate missing special day events.








...but with or without me, she will have a wonderful day and I will be thinking of her and her sweet little face and waiting for a phone call, even if it is just to hear her breath. Just thinking about her makes me laugh.








P.S. Want to know what I bought her for her birthday?





check this out.....!




When she rides in it, I hope she laughs!

5 comments:

Shay said...

Miss you like crazy, where have you been!!! I love that picture of Tessa, it's so cute, you need to e-mail it to me. And surprise to all, you got us a wagon, awesome! You are the best. We must talk today.

Erin said...

such a sweet post for an adorable girl. I know it is so hard to be away from the ones you loves, especially for big events, like Tessa's second birthday party! She is so cute I hope she has a blast in the wagon!

Jared and Lauren said...

Ah she is so cute!! I love your new blog background! Its way cute. Your such a good grandma!!

The Perks of Life! said...

I love that picture of Tessa. Thanks for that post Mom. I wish Grandpa and Grandma lived closer to us so they could've joined in more. On the other hand, the times when we did get to see them were the best ever. My favorite childhood memories include those of driving to Kansas and the times when I got to skip out of school because they were coming to town. They were the best grandparents ever and you are definitely following in their footsteps. Tessa will look dang cute in her red wagon. And you're right... that red wagon would be much better if we could all witness her ride in it. :) One day.

The Perks of Life! said...

P.S. My kids are sooooooo lucky to get to have you as their grandma. And wow, I am sooooo lucky to have you as my mom. Today was fun. I'm going to miss our friday afternoon dates. Love you mom!