Tuesday, October 26, 2010

That was easy...

...well, not originally.


In the beginning, I had a very hard time figuring this out. Some would call me O.C.D. about certain things. One thing is my dishes. I want them sparkling clean. So a few weeks ago, when things started coming out of the dishwasher with a chalky lime coating, I took it personally. I would not let hard water control my life or my dishes.


I went crazy...


...took the dishwasher apart, put it back together, twice


...had Matthew do the same


...nothing, still nasty


...bought new rinse aids


...bought new detergent


...bought a new dishwasher


...that's right, I gave up, gave in, BOUGHT A NEW DISHWASHER


....hard water won!


...or so it thought.


One evening I was unloading Dani's dishwasher and noticed her VERY expensive dishwasher was having the same issues. A few days later I noticed Aubrey's dishes had the telltale signs of lime.


...then I read this news story about phosphate-free detergent.



Aha!!!


I knew just what I would do, I would have Matthew buy several boxes of detergent on his next trip to Montana.


Then my mother-in-law informed me that Montana is having the same problem.


Fortunately, Aubrey came to the rescue. She called me and told me about this amazing product, Lemi-Shine.


...and shine they do, my dishes that is.







I'm not one to try and sell something, but I'm telling you, this is worth a trip to Wal-Mart.


That was easy!


(by the way, I'm keeping the new dishwasher, so maybe the hard water won after all)

Oh, yeah, don't forget to comment on the post about my bathroom make-over to receive one of the yummiest treats around.  (Thanks Emily, Lauren, Shay and Mardella for your comments, your prize will be arriving in a few days)

4 comments:

The Perks of Life! said...

You seriously bought a new dishwasher?! Oh mom you make me laugh! In a good way. :)

Jared and Lauren said...

You seriously crack me up!! I miss you and can't wait to see you!!

Shay said...

Can we see what the new dishwasher looks like please!

Emily said...

WOW, I am going to have to try that stuff, I have a little bit in my dishwasher, but we have a water softner now. You are too cute!

By the way, what did you decide to put up in your bathroom. You now have me thinking of what to do with mine!