Thursday, October 21, 2010

Want to win...

...chocolate?


Here's how...


I know I blogged about the big project that was started and finished in 5 days.  I find myself just opening the pantry door and staring in to the vast space created by adding and organizing shelves and feeling really good about my accomplishment. 




...but...


...I actually started another project several months ago that I haven't mentioned.  I redecorated the guest bathroom.  I tore out 20 year old wallpaper, painted, added a new faucet (so cute), new light bar, and a fabulous, and I mean FABULOUS mirror that I bought at my favorite boutique in Farmington. (call me crazy, but I think I look much younger in this mirror)(The boutique is called, "Just A Bed of Roses" and it is a fun place to buy things that you don't really need, but can't live without) Thanks to D for telling me about it.






The paint is blue/green depending on the lighting, as you can see, there is a lot of difference in the pictures.  Long ago, when the girls were all home, I found the best place for me to get ready for the day without getting in the way, was to use the downstairs bathroom)  I wallpapered it a few weeks after we moved to UT and I loved the yellow wallpaper so much that it made me sad to tear it down.  The time had come, though, with years of hairspray built up, the green vine on the wallpaper had turned a sour brown. 




...so it was time and now the job is done...



...well, almost....

(Yes, I saw the toothpaste smears on the mirror, but hey, I've been busy so keep all negative comments to yourself.)








...I need help.  I want to put a vinyl wall saying on the wall above the towels and I can't find one that I really like.  I could use suggestions.

If anyone has good ideas for a powder room saying, send it to me or leave a comment and I will send you one of my favorite new chocolate treats.  (I'm not telling you what it is, because I want you to be surprised.  You know me though, it will be chocolate.)

PS Your saying doesn't have to be picked to receive the prize.  All you have to do is submit a suggestion and a fabulous chocolaty dessert will show up at your house.

4 comments:

Jared and Lauren said...

I don't have a cute saying but I just wanted to tell you that I love the mirror!! So cute!!

Emily said...

One of our favorites that we saw in a bathroom was "We aim to please, you aim too, please." Funny yes, but by your beautiful mirror. Maybe not.
Others could be...
"True Beauty comes from within"
"Yes, you are the fairest of them all"
or maybe just "Powder Room" in a fancy swirly font.
If you need or want, I can cut you some vinyl. I dabble in it a little bit. And I would just love an excuse to see you.

Shay said...

You are never fully dressed until you wear a smile.

Shay said...

Oh and I love the bathroom!!