Friday, June 24, 2011

I can't remember...

...the last time I had to sew on a button.


It was always her job to do that.  She loved helping out, so I would take my latest button incident into her and hand it off.


"When you have time", I would say.  "No rush", and then I would thank her for helping me.


...and then I would leave for work or church or some other activity and come home to find my blouse neatly folded on my bed, the button stitched in exactly the right place, sewn with a matching double thread.  Perfect!


...so when I had a button pop off my white shirt this week, I stood there for a second and just looked at it in my hand...Oh no, I thought, I'm going to have to take care of this myself...


...big sigh...I miss her...bigger sigh!

1 comment:

Chris and Aubrey said...

There are so many little projects I have that I wanted her help on. So many things I wanted to show or tell her about, but I know she is watching over me and I feel her often.