Friday, June 17, 2011

Making up...

...for lost time.




The past few weeks at church I have sensed real concern from some of my friends that I haven't posted for awhile.


...and so this is a make-up post. I really meant to blog all of these events separately. Hopefully you can get a feel for them even though some of them are weeks old.




...remember the last blog, about time marching on?




...and there are always those jumbled paragraphs full of adjectives and adverbs tumbling through my head when I haven't sat down in front of a keyboard for awhile.  I start to feel like my brain is drowning and I can't breath until I have put them down into a sentence structure that would make my 6th grade English teacher proud...rest in peace Mrs. Snyder.


I'm sure a lot of what I write really doesn't matter to the world....but it matters to me and that's really who all this is for anyway...me.  Not in the sense that it's all about me, but in the sense I need to write, kind of like Matthew needs to fish, Andy needs to sew some one's head up or D. has to have sauce with that...any sauce on any food, it doesn't matter, just dump a boat load of ranch, salsa or barbecue on anything and she's good to go.




...and then there is this...I do love the back space key, with its straight little arrow pointing backwards to let me re-state my thoughts or state my re-thoughts, whichever and whatever.  I probably hit the backspace key more than any other key. 




...my life would be so much sweeter if I had a backspace key that would allow me to take back what I have said as easily as it allows me to erase my written thoughts.   I probably write 3 time the amount that ever gets published on my blog.  In fact, in the 4-5 minutes I have been typing this post, I have spent half that time erasing what I have already written.




...and there you go...I did it again...way off course from where I thought this was headed when I first sat down.




...and now, back to the regularly schedule blog post.




Here we have Miss Amelia looking all fancy in her mom's big sunglasses...






...and you know how Spring has been wet and cold, actually it has been drenching and freezing, but the Tyler's are a hardy crew and still managed to do extremely well at their swim meets.




Here we are headed to Logan to sit under umbrellas with our winter coats and gloves on, cowering in blankets and drinking hot cocoa as we cheered on the swim team.






...don't be fooled by the green grass on the side of the road.  Just a few feet away was another patch of snow...














...goofballs...I love little girls who love to giggle.






...food...it's all about the food.














...this is my favorite picture...Preston owning his lane, arms reaching from here all the way to there...I can't wait to see him at age 18 and the best on the Roy High swim team...Go Royals!










...Madison showing what she's made of...




...waiting for time results...






...and that's the end of the swim meet.




Now I'm off to Sam's pre-school graduation.  Cameron is a sweetheart, always just going along for the ride, willing to do whatever the girls tell him to do.   He is a doll!




...hiding behind his motorcycles...


...and then the big moment when our princess enters the room and she is bashful suddenly...only willing to make a quick glance at her mom and dad, who are beaming proudly.


















...drumroll...she did it...she is a pre-school graduate with the highest of honors.






...and flowers from her daddy






...and the queen size doughnut, slathered with chocolate frosting...from Grandma LeAnn.




...followed by lunch at Zuppa's with her favorite cousin Emry.










...and that's that.   



...and now we are back home again, playing with the silly goose in the family...Miss Amelia.


...and our Southern Belle...












...twirling...






...and now a picture of Amelia...






...oops, the next one will be Amelia...






...still trying to get a picture of Amelia...






...and finally there she is...as the Southern Belle is sent to the sidelines...






...silly goose...








I grew up going to the cemetery on Memorial Day.  It was our tradition to honor not just the military, but a time to remember all those who have gone before.  It has been an honor to lay flowers at the graves of T.J. and Maddie Jo Hickman for years.  Matthew and I love their parents and feel it an honor to do what they would if they were living in Utah.  I feel, in some small way, perhaps we can ease the sorrow for Mike and Debbie and it makes me feel a little closer to my family back home in Kansas.  




















...the back of their headstone has a beautiful saying that reminds me I often take life for granted.








...and just a short distance away is Caleb's brother, Paul.  There is a reverence in this hallowed place that makes heaven, and the ones we love, feel closer.  








This post seems a little discombobulated...which it is...which is how my life has felt.  But I'm thinking things are going to change and I will soon be back to sharing the life and times of the Coil Clan on a regular basis.





...thanks to all those who have encouraged me to get back to the blogging world.  This feels really good again...!

1 comment:

Don Eric said...

Glad you are back!!!