Friday, January 14, 2011

And now...

...for the rest of the story.


If you haven't read the post before this post, read this first, then come back to this post.


Now that you've read that, you will understand why this was great. This one may go down in history as one of my favorite stories, a moment of laughter shared with Lauren.  It gave me something to chuckle about in the dark of the night last night, as I lay there listening to the drone of the oxygen machine in my mother's room.


...so I was telling Lauren about the whole shopping experience with Aubrey and D. and how it was awesome to see D. have to admit she was defeated by a two year old red head.  I went on and on, kind of like this story, about the Buzz Lightyear shoes and how Cam loves Buzz and how it was game over when he saw them, even before they were on his feet.


...and then the subject changed to how 7th graders can be so irreverent, obnoxious and self-centered and how much we love them anyway.


...and after a few moments of discussion, Grandma Great suddenly asked...


..."Why would Danielle buy Cameron a pair of shoes that have Bud Lite on them?"

...


The only thing that would have made the moment better is if Shay had been there.  One good snort and it would have been the perfect moment.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for that priceless laugh! I miss my Grandmas...I laughed, then I cried! What age takes away, humor has a funny way of returning...
Love you for all you do!
Amy