Sunday, January 30, 2011

Laughter...

...truly can be the best medicine.




...and thanks to Caleb and Lala, Grandma Great got a healthy dose this past week when they spent several hours in her room.




...they will never know the joy I felt when I downloaded pictures today and found these on my memory card.




(the picture below may be one of my favorite pictures ever, I love her hands...)


 (don't be concerned, she's not crying in this picture, when my mother laughs really hard, she cries...that's just her and I've finally come to love it after being scared to death as a kid, thinking my mother was finally going off the deep end)




...it was so awesome to find those on my memory card.



...my memory card...




...my memory card...



...my memory card...





I want to remember everything, the color of her green eyes, her Kansas drawl, the way she gets frustrated with all of us talking at the same time and then she will ask,  "Can I say something...please?"    She always adds ice to her steaming cup of coffee and she loves salt, salt on everything, including watermelon!!!! 




I want to put everything about her on to my own personal memory card that I can pull out at a moments notice, when I'm feeling down or lonely and missing her like the dickens.  I want to have everything about her saved in my mind...






...on my memory card.

1 comment:

The Perks of Life! said...

Love it times ten!!! We were trying to make the best Tessa face. Grandma won. And the best part about this is that Caleb and I are still trying to figure our exactly what she was laughing at for ten minutes straight. Something about how someone needs to rub some burts bees wax somewhere because of a huge problem and it's not his feet that needs the wax. Oh man I can only imagine what she was thinking because she was laughing that hard. Good ol grandma.