Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Diane Sawyer...

...was broadcasting from some where in Japan, devastation surrounded her.




Her words caught my attention, the potato masher in my hand stopped, the steam from the pan warming my face.




...the daughter, about 30 years old, searching the faces of a rescue center, looking at each person, the pleading tone obvious though her words were foreign to me, asking...




...do you know my mother?




...have you seen her?




...then a cry, then another...




...mother and daughter embrace...




...the lost is found...




...mother and daughter reunited.




Suddenly I was so very, very grateful that I didn't have to wonder, didn't have to think about her suffering or worry that she had been scared....suddenly, I was just very grateful that I was with her when she left...




...and I know exactly where she is...







...and who she's with.

No comments: