Saturday, February 5, 2011

Attitude...

...from my 12 year old grandson this morning.  We have an annual tradition of the grandsons coming for a sleepover with grandpa the night before the Outdoor Expo.  Grandpa always provides breakfast, via McDonald's.




...but Preston woke up trying to be funny today, I emphasize the FUNNY part.






...typically, when I see the kids or grand kids the first thing in the morning with their hair in sleep position, I sing a little jingle, "Good morning, good morning", for them.







...which I did for Luke and PJ today.







...but I heard Preston whisper to Luke, as I walked out of the room...






...it's OK, Luke, it's over.






..funny Preston, very funny........NOT!


...............


On a much different note...



 Just in the nick of time this week...




...I received a book from my good friend Lauren Roberts.  This had to be a spiritually guided gift, because I really needed it.




I have been feeling my spiritual well dry up.  Which, I believe, has partially been the result of not teaching seminary this year.  Contrast my life today from last year.  Last year I studied the scriptures for hours, discussed the life of the Savior for at least an hour every week day and I was strengthened by the best youth the world has to offer.




...the hard truth about myself is that I tend to not study my scriptures as intently when I don't have a particular assignment.




...then I received this from Lauren...




I read it Thursday evening and it has gotten me through a rough time.   I needed to fill my spiritual well and now "my cup runneth over". 


Elder Uchtdorf reminded me of a great spiritual law:


IN THE END, THE NUMBER OF PRAYERS WE SAY MAY NOT CONTRIBUTE TO OUR HAPPINESS.  BUT THE NUMBER OF PRAYERS WE ANSWER MAY BE OF GREATER IMPORTANCE.




The title of the book, THE REMARKABLE SOUL OF A WOMAN, has been running through my mind.  It reminded me of the women who have touched my soul through their acts of kindness.




...and then there were all the gifts left at my door on the 22nd...






I have to confess I kind of ran away on my birthday.  I wasn't sure I was up to putting on a happy face on my birthday



Yesterday  my Mary Kay called just to check on my...again...making sure I'm OK.  Mary Ann called again, too...just checking on me.  I always know they are there...that they care.




...and my sweet sister-in-law, Debbie, has sent me multiple text messages(which means I've been practicing at texting and I'm getting better)...and she has called almost every day too.


Dixie made a beautiful, quilted table runner that is springy and fun.  My visiting teachers, Angie and Marina, gave me a bag full of stickers and a scrapbook to put them in.  From Mary Kay, the most gorgeous necklace that I truly believe goes with everything, which comes in really handy on those mornings that I don't want to think about being all matchy-matchy.  Someone dropped off a potted plant and I've been going crazy guessing who?  I received a beautiful stack of hand-made cards from my sister, Chris, on the 22nd, which I find remarkable that she sends something every year that always arrives on the exact day of my birthday!!!  Shay sent yummy perfume (maybe yummy is the wrong word, since I don't really drink it, but if I did I bet it would taste really yummy)and earrings.  Erin made new tea towels with red rick-rack that I can't wait to use in my new kitchen and a new colander.  Steph gave me jewelry she designed just for me.  Aubrey, D and Lala came through with jewelry, music and at least a weeks worth of chocolate...and more chocolate from my VT partner, Pat.




...and my mom-in-law sent me money to do whatever I want...Yahoo!




...and the finale of my birthday celebration was the from the famous cookie lady...Karen...


...she took the time and effort to spell out:

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHA
KAYLEE
LOVE LOVE LOVE










...no, she didn't spell birthday wrong, I ate the "Y" before Matthew took the picture.



..Uh oh, grandma is sick...I gotta go...


...I hope I didn't forget anyone, but please know...




...you all really did answer my prayers...



...and I pray you will be blessed for blessing my life.

No comments: