Tuesday, February 22, 2011

M and M cookies and Super Heroes...





...may not sound like they go together...




...but that's exactly what we did at Emry and Amelia's house Saturday night.  Michael and Erin went to the temple and Emry and Millie Jo offered to babysit me while their mom and dad were gone.




...they are pure entertainment.  We spent the evening moving (actually they were running) from one activity to the next.   Spoon, spoon, where's my spoon, Fancy Nancy tea parties, creating Mother's Day gifts and swimming in the bathtub and baking M & M cookies were just a few of the highlights of the night.  Of course, we had to have chocolate, the food of all super heroes.










OK, I admit we actually ate a lot more cookie dough than cookies.




... of course there is a downside to all that cookie dough...












...and because I have to be a good example, we had a bowl full of chicken noodle soup, to wash down the M & M cookies.  Amelia shared her blanket with us so we could have a picnic together on the family room floor.
























...can you get drunk on cookie dough???...you be the judge...























One of the advantages of having a dad who is an engineer is that he can build you a playhouse like no other....














We rode horses all the way through Deerie Lou land...












Super Emry to the rescue...







...feeling goofy...













(we tried to get Amelia's hair to stand up like Emry's, but all those ringlets have a mind of their own...throughout my childhood I was washed, papered, wrapped and solutioned with permanent hair wave, twice a year...when I think about what I went through with the burning eyes and drips running down my back, holding my breath as I cowered under a towel to hide from the fumes that curled my toes, as well as my hair, just so I could look pretty...Amelia has no idea how lucky she is...)



























We laughed, talked, sang and danced.  It was a wonderful night and thanks to Emry and Millie Jo...




...I didn't get homesick for Mike and Erin at all, not even once.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Those pictures of Emry and Amelia crack me up!!! Thank-you for taking such great care of them and making it a memory too:) They love you so much and I know they had a blast being with you! I am so excited to recieve my mothers day gift:)

Jared and Lauren said...

Looks like you guys had a blast! They are such darling girls. You are the best grandma!!