Sunday, February 20, 2011

I love it...

...when Matthew picks up the camera, he gets so excited.  I got excited too when I saw what he took a picture of...









...and it got us talking about how moody Mother Nature is.  Last Saturday she had a hot flash, then during the week a surge of hormones shot through the air and it snowed.  This Saturday there was a mixture of blue sky to clouds, dry to rain.  It sent me back to the coat closet several times to switch from light jackets to rain coat and back again to jacket. 




...and what do you do when it's cold and rainy...




Well, I don't know about you, but this is what I do...









(I think this is Peggy Earnshaw's chicken noodle soup recipe, delish!!!)






...so back to the picture...









If you look closely you can see tulip leaves pushing their pointy little heads through the soil.  I planted bright red and bold yellow bulbs last fall and the pay-off is just around the corner in March.






...and it got me to thinking about Cameron's sweet little prayer at dinner the other night.  Jake asked him if he would bless the food and he immediately folded his arms, closed his eyes (and kept them closed the whole time, yes, I was peeking) and bowed his little head.  Matthew and I understood some of what he said.  We could make out the words, "mommy, daddy, food, Jesus" and a couple of other phrases.  No prompting required.  He has obviously done this before.  He didn't need the adults to tell him what to say.






Today, Matthew made the comment that it was so cute to watch him pray and how that is just the beginning of thousands of prayers he will say in his lifetime. 




It's kind of like the tulip bulbs I planted last fall.  Dani and Jake have planted the seed of righteousness by being an example to Cameron by always saying their prayers.  They have taught him to bow his head and be reverent. 




When he offered his prayer Friday night, I'm not sure he understood the significance of what he was saying or doing.  However, in his life, he will continue to grow spiritually in such a way that years from now his life will be blessed and all the lives he touches will be blessed, because he knows how to offer a prayer to Heavenly Father.

No comments: